Jun 25, 2009

AN AMERICAN TRAGEDY

R.I.P MICHAEL JACKSON
AUGUST 29, 1958- JUNE 25, 2009




I can barely type this without shedding a tear.


The greatest entertainer, legend, humanitarian, icon, KING OF POP MICHAEL JACKSON has died (*link to story) today.


I was going to post a bunch of blogs but nothing seems as important as this!


I am truly heartbroken, sad, angry, upset, whatever word is left in the dictionary to describe the state of mourning.


No, I did not know the legend, but through his music, I feel like I did.


Michael Jackson was constantly playing on my dad's record player while all of us danced our hearts out and I remember whenever he'd perform on TV, award shows, the Bucharest concert (where everyone was fainting), his movies Moonwalker or The Wiz, or just music videos, it would be an event in my house and we'd all gather around the TV, anticipating whatever concerned Michael Jackson like it was New Years.


My parents came to America in 1980 and loved music as well. They bought their first vinyl, The Motown Hits and then their 2nd purchase was the Thriller vinyl. They saved what little money they had from washing dishes at a restaurant to buy it.


I'm so devastated. Don't know what else to say.


Michael has sold over 750 million records worldwide and was the creator of the evolution of the music video. All musicians of all genres are influenced by him.


He's our generation Elvis Presley. Best believe his funeral will look exactly like Elvis'. Here's a photo:





Over a million people lined the streets of Memphis to pay respect to Elvis. I would imagine Michael's will look exactly like it, if not MORE.


I've been watching his videos all day and listening to his music. I still get chills to this day. Words can't describe how much of a fan I am. From his time with the Jackson 5 to him as a solo artist, I can sing along to every song word for word. Yes. It's like that.



I was going to post his videos and performances as a tribute on here but there are sooooo many!!!



You guys should just hop onto YouTube and watch anything MJ in remembrance. Do it for me??? Here's the link to Michael's YouTube Channel.


I know no matter who you are, whatever color you are, race, religion, nerd, thug, you all are shedding a tear.


People have ridiculed him over the years but I never did! I stayed loyal.


This was so unexpected! It's still surreal to me. It was out of nowhere. His tour at the London O2 Arena, where he was going to make a comeback by doing 50 shows and make a reported $150 million was to begin in 2 weeks. . .



YOU WILL BE MISSED MICHAEL. THERE IS NO ONE EVEN CLOSE TO YOU MUSICALLY. THE WHOLE WORLD IS MOURNING YOUR DEATH.


YOU'RE WITH THE ANGELS NOW, ALONG WITH ED MCMAHON AND 70'S CHARLIE ANGELS STAR FARRAH FAWCETT AS WELL.








His closest friends are on this song and video with him. . .


  • MJ and Farrah Fawcett dies on 6/25
  • Aaliyah died on 8/25
  • Lefteye died on 4/25
  • James Brown on 12/25


Sick. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment