Sep 1, 2009

CHRIS BROWN REACTS TO LEAKED 30SEC LARRY KING INTERVIEW




The footage from Chris Brown's Larry King Live interview (you can find on my site a couple of blogs back) has gotten the singer livid since it was taken out of context! Here's his official statement:


"There have been reports on the Internet that I didn't remember what happened that night with Rihanna. I want to try and set things straight.


That 30 seconds of the interview they used of me was taken from a one hour interview during which that same question was asked something like 4 or 5 times — and when you look at the entire interview you will see it is not representative of what I said.


The first four times – or how ever many times it was - I gave the same answer — which was that I didn't think it was appropriate for me to talk about what happened that night. I said it was not right for me and it really wasn't fair to Rihanna. The fifth time – or whatever it was – I just misspoke. I was asked, "Do you remember doing it?" and I said, "No."


Of course I remember what happened. Several times during the interview, my mother said that I came to her right afterwards and told her everything. But it was and still is a blur. And yes, I still can't believe it happened because it is not me or who I am or is what happened like anything I have ever done before.


As I have said several times previously, I am ashamed of and sorry for what happened that night and I wish I could relive that moment and change things, but I can't. I take full responsibility for my actions. What I have to do now is to prove to the world that this was an isolated incident and that is not who I am and I intend to do so by my behavior now and in the future."




People Magazine also had the opportunity to sit down and talk with Breezy in his first print interview since the altercation and here are some memorable quotes:


"I never fell out of love with her (Rihanna). That just wouldn't go away."


"I was distraught … I went to my mom on the same night and told [her] what happened and broke down."


"I feel like he (father) enjoyed it. He was an abuser. It was continuous."




The full Larry King interview will be airing tomorrow at 9PM on CNN.




No comments:

Post a Comment